No matter what legal issue is presented, from the moment Chris first speaks to a client until the case is resolved, he maintains a strict focus on not only meeting, but exceeding the goals and expectations of his clients. Without such an approach, Chris believes some level of failure is unavoidable. Chris partners with his clients in a way that most law firms, which are risk-averse and bogged down by bureaucracy, simply cannot or will not do. He invests his time and resources with a level of commitment and passion that has earned him respect from jurist and peers alike.
An unwavering commitment to this philosophy has resulted in an established track record of success. Before the age of 30 and every year since, Chris has been recognized by his peers as one of all lawyers under the age of 40 in the State of Texas – an honor given to less than 2.5% of all eligible attorneys. By the age of 31, Chris was the youngest lawyer in Texas double board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in civil trial law and personal injury trial law. He is one of 50 lawyers in the entire State of Texas to hold those certifications and certification by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in the area of civil trial advocacy. Between the years of 2009-2011, Chris served as lead counsel in two separate cases where his clients’ favorable verdicts were named “Verdict of the Week” and a “Featured Verdict” in Verdict Search, a state-wide jury reporting service. For Chris's most up-to-date accomplishments, see his complete résumé here.
Admissions & Recognition
- Licensed to practice before all state courts of Texas
- Licensed to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern,Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Licensed to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Licensed to practice before the United States Supreme Court
Legal and Medical Certifications
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Civil Trial Law Civil Pretrial Advocacy Personal Injury Trial Law
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Civil Trial Advocacy
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, Emergency Medical Technical – Basic
- Texas Department of State Health Services, Emergency Medical Technical – Basic
J.D., Baylor School of Law
- General Civil Litigation Concentration
- Order of Barristers
- Baylor Mock Trial Inter-Scholastic Team
- Phi Delta Phi, Legal Honor Society
- Executive President, Student Bar Association
B.A., Political Science and Public Policy, magna cum laude, Southern Methodist University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Departmental Distinction, Political Science Department
- Golden Key Honor Society
EMT-B, University of Southwestern School of Health Professionals
Faculty and Teaching Experience
- Baylor School of Law, Mock Trial Team Instructor and Coach
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Emergency Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern School of Health Professionals, Paramedic Lecturer
- State Bar of Texas Texas
- Board of Legal Specialization
- Civil Trial Advisory Commission
- College of the State of Bar of Texas
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
Community & Family
A Dallas native and life-long resident, Chris serves a number of non-profit community organizations with a focus on first responders. He is an active member of a church where he has been a member since childhood. Chris has two wonderful sons, Wyatt and Cooper. In his spare time, Chris enjoys chasing his kids, attending Mavericks and Rangers games, playing basketball, studying early American history, and attempting to play golf.
Members, Board of Directors, Friends of the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department Member, Board of Trustees, Episcopal Foundation of Dallas Member, Board of Trustees, Gaston Episcopal Hospital Foundation Member, HeROs Alliance, Genesis Women’s Shelter Lifetime Member, Baylor Law School Alumni Association Member, Episcopal School of Dallas Alumni Association Member, Episcopal School of Dallas Annual Fund Committee Member, Episcopal Church of the Transfiguration Vestry Senior Warden, 2014 Junior Warden, 2013 Rector Search Committee Member, 2013-2014 Member, Cooper Aerobics Center Member, Northwood Club
Publications & Presentations
- Ayres, C. and Allen, L., Enforcing Foreign Judgments in Texas, The Advocate – International Civil Litigation in U.S. Court, State Bar of Texas Litigation Section (2013)
- Ayres, C. and Cherry, C., Staying Focused on Victory: Killing as Opposed to Challenging Your Opponent’s Expert Witness, Litigation Counsel of America Renaissance Symposium VII (2013)
- Ayres, C. and Cherry, C., Are You Going to Believe Technology or Your Lying Eyes, Litigation Counsel of America, Litigation Counsel of America Renaissance Symposium VII (2013)
- Ayres, R., Ayres, C. and Blakeley, S., Rescue Me: A Texas Fire Officer’s Guide to Legal Issues in Fire and EMS Operations and Administration, North Central Texas Fire Chiefs’ Association (2011)
- Ayres, R. and Ayres, C., Legal Considerations for Texas Emergency Medical Service Providers, University of Texas Southwestern School of Health Professionals (2011, 2009, 2007, 2005)
- Ayres, C., Excluding the Opposing Expert Witness on Qualifications and Reliability Grounds, Coffee and Donuts Series in the 134th Judicial District Court (2010).
- Ayres, C. and Beeson, J., EMS and the DEA – Experience Can Help Prevent Exposure, State of the Science, Journal of Emergency Medical Services (2010).
- Ayres, C., Issues of Legal Liability for Athletic Trainers¸ North Texas Association of Athletic Trainers Annual Seminar (2007).
- Ayres, C., Considering Settlement? Current Issues Relating to the Stowers Doctrine, The Advocate – Insurance & Litigation, State Bar of Texas Litigation Section (2006).
- Ayres, C., An Update on the Status of Negligent Entrustment Law in Texas, Texas Trial Lawyers Association 2006 Car Wreck Seminar (2005).
- Ayres, R. and Ayres, C., Experts in Products Liability Litigation, Fourth Annual Advanced Expert Witness Course, State Bar of Texas (2004).